Changes to government legislation, to be implemented this year, will mean schools no longer require most forms of entertainment licensing.

The amendments to the 2003 Licensing Act will allow schools, and other venues such as community centres and church halls, to host performances by local groups or visiting touring companies without applying for a license.

Legislation currently states that theatre, dance and live music performances are ‘regulated entertainment’ which requires organisers to apply for a temporary notice ten days prior an event, or apply for an entertainment licence, costing around £200.

To read more of this story, subscribe or buy a digital copy of Teaching Drama Spring 2.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s